CHANGES TODAY FOR A BETTER TOMORROW
We've been reviewing our packaging and we're excited to share our updates and new designs, made from lower-impact materials.
The goal is for our packaging to be made from lower-impact or recycled materials, that are responsibly sourced and can be recycled, continuing its journey.
Our orders are shipped in our signature pink Oh Polly bags, now made from 50% recycled materials and 50% virgin materials.
As we ship worldwide, we want to protect our products. Our garments bags are made from Global Recycled Standard (GRS) certified, 100% recycled plastic.*
*Please note this percentage specifically refers to the material of the bag and doesn't include add-ons such as the ink, glue and release tape.
HOW TO PROPERLY RECYCLE OUR BAGS
You can usually recycle both bags at your local supermarket. Some local recycling facilities will accept these in your home bins, however we'd suggest checking first! Here are some pointers:
1. Remove the shipping label and product label. Either tear them off or cut around them.
2. Check whether your local authority recycles soft plastics. Not every region will let you recycle them at home. Here are some quick access links:
3. Send them off for recycling!
We'd recommend collecting all your soft plastics and visit your local recycling facility or supermarket to properly recycle them.
*Same steps apply for hang tags
Some items may arrive in our boxes, responsibly sourced and made from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) card. These can be easily recycled or reused at home.
REUSE YOUR BOX
Use the box as storage, to hold your accessories or your favourite Oh Polly pieces, to keep them cared for for years to come.
You'll spot a pink hang tag on all our products. These are responsibly sourced and made from FSC card with a recycled polyester cord and recycled plastic seal.
The best way to recycle our hang tags are to detach the seal & cord from the hang tag.
- The hangtag can be put in the recycling paper waste.
- The seal and cord can also be recycled but this will vary from region to region. Follow the above steps for recycling your bags.
Keeping your order?
Reuse our bags to donate your pre-loved clothing through our Online Clothing Bank, or when you resell your Oh Polly pieces. Otherwise, follow the steps above to recycle properly.
Returning your order?
Make sure to return your item(s) in the same packaging! We’ll ensure the packaging is kept out of landfill.
OUR FUTURE PLANS
Next up, we're looking at our PR and smaller packaging collections, gift wrapping and trims. We're continuously reviewing the best low-impact materials on the market.
RECEIVED A DIFFERENT DESIGN?
We’re phasing out our old packaging to ensure we’re not wasting any stock—this means from time to time, you may receive different designs and materials. For full transparency, these may be:
- Outer mailing bags made from 30% recycled materials
- Garment bags made from a minimum of 30% recycled materials
- Swing tags not made with FSC paper or recycled materials
The Global Recycled Standard (GRS) is a voluntary product standard for tracking and verifying the content of recycled materials in a final product. The standard applies to the full supply chain and addresses traceability, environmental principles, social requirements, chemical content and labelling.
Recycled material are materials and by products that have been recovered or diverted from landfill, and have been utilised in place of raw or virgin material in manufacturing a product. The two most common types are:
- Pre consumer plastic
- Post consumer plastic
We use this term for materials that have a lower environmental impact than their conventional and virgin/raw counterpart.
For all our main packaging products listed on this page, are all made in the country they're needed for.
- Our hang tags and garment bags are manufactured in our respective production countries as we need to add them before they are shipped to our UK warehouse.
- Our mailing bags and boxes are manufactured in the UK as they're required for dispatch from our UK distribution centre.